Tuesday, January 7, 2014

DAY - 102

Thank you so much for the overwhelming support after yesterday's post.  My inbox and facebook were lit up with inspirational messages and well wishes.  Reading through them today, I couldn't help smiling from ear to ear.  My professor and friend from University of the Arts may have said it best regarding making a career in music..."this crazy path that we call a career and 95% of the population would consider complete madness." -Justin Binek

Today, I reached out to the very talented VP of Business Development at Red Light Management, Erin Parker.  Red Light Management is a one of the most innovative management companies in the industry.  Starting in 1991 with their first client, The Dave Matthews Band, they have grown internationally.  RLM is now responsible for incredible talent such as, Tim McGraw, Luke Brian,  Lady Antebellum, Dave Matthews Band, Franz Ferdinand, Ben Harper, just to name a few!

Erin, after reading my post yesterday, so graciously offered to help put me in touch with someone for a current job opportunity in the music biz here in Nashville.  Ahhh, the powerful collide of social media and networking at work. Not to mention, amazing people!

Right now, I'm hanging out at a local Nashville Starbucks and just sent an email to Hannah Showmaker at Parallel Entertainment.  I reached out to Hannah a couple months ago because I really like what I've heard about the music and publishing side of Parallel.  They are traditionally a management operation for comedians such as Larry The Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy, however they have moved into music.  I contacted Hannah to try and schedule a meeting to check out some of my catalog.  We shall see.

Every item on the "To Do" list has been checked and I'm about finished my Americano which means it's time to get going.  Looks like I've got a free night to do some writing.  Have a great rest of the day and thanks again. :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment