Friday, September 28, 2012

DAY - 309

GREAT writing session with J Fred Knobloch and Sweet Angeline co-writer, Liv Devine today.  We wrapped up and put the finishing touches on one song and started a brand new ballad that's feeling really good so far.  We haven't dug into a nice ballad since we've been writing together. Sometimes I feel like ballads (especially country ballads) are the hardest songs to write.  Not only is there little room for them on the radio, but they need to be knock your socks off, spectacular to hold someone's attention and gain traction when pitching.  All the really great ballads are just so timeless.  Have you ever heard "I Can't Make You Love Me"?  That song kills me every time I hear it!  Mike Reid (the guy who wrote that song) just wrote another amazing ballad that's on Kenny Chesney's new record, it's called, "Always Gonna Be You".   I seriously cannot listen to the song without getting choked up.  It's incredible.  You can check it out if you google it.  My only disclaimer is (don't tell Kenny Chesney I said this) Mike Reid actually sings it better.  Long story short, the bar is really high when it comes to ballads.  Regardless, the one we just started is beautiful and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Fred filled us in on his meeting with Cliff Audretch from ShowDog Records.  He said, it went great, Cliff loved the stuff, and loved the sound.  Another iron in the fire!  Let's keep 'em coming baby.

Today I emailed, Josh McGhee from McGhee Entertainment.  Josh is Darius Rucker's manager. (refer to day 102)  I decided to pitch Darius Rucker, "Saying Yes".   Shot in the dark but we'll see.  If you haven't heard "Saying Yes" yet, I just posted it yesterday.  You can check it out here! http://mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com/track/saying-yes

Today, I also heard back from Red Rocks Studio and Sony Music producer, Mark Wolff.  Mark was reaching out to update me regarding the future country project he's going to be working on.   He mentioned that it hasn't gotten off the ground yet, but is expected to soon and that he's really looking forward to showcasing my stuff to the artist and her management/investment team.  I'm pumped!  It was really cool of Mark to reach out and keep in touch.  It's a nice show of good faith that he truly is interested in the songs.  Hoping this could lead to something awesome in the near future.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment