Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DAY - 306

Whew!  What a day so far.   6:30am wake up, got to the studio by 7:30am, Toyota jingle written, produced and recorded by 11am. (refer to yesterday)  Off to school by noon to meet with financial services (more headaches) and do some observation hours.  Had a quick hour to sit and do some networking before classes start and teaching begins for the rest of the night.  My apologies for not posting the new song yet!  I know I promised it would be up by yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to actually sit and let it upload to my catalog site.  Will do as soon as possible!

Speaking of the new song, I sent it to publishers and song-pluggers, Michael Martin and Shane Barrett today.  If you've been following all the while, you already know that both Michael and Shane are well-connected Nashville reps with many successful placements so I'm really pumped to see what they think. Kirk Penney (my co-writer) already started pitching it as well.  To tell you the truth, I'm super-excited about this song.  I know I always say that, but I really have a good feeling about this one.  I actually got the chance to show it to my dad and mom (who are both professional musicians) over the weekend and they both said, "This is honestly the best song you've showed us in a long time!"  And let me tell you, coming from a family of pro musicians, I don't get ANY slack.  If it's not up to par, I'm gonna hear about it!  Kirk said he's been getting fantastic response on his end as well.  So we'll see.  I will post ASAP and you let me know what you think and if you have any pitching ideas.  Thanks!

Also, just heard back from Greg at Stream Companies.  They love the jingle and will be showing it to the client today!!  Got past the first step, now the client needs to love it.  Fingers crossed.  Greg also sent me another email asking for a more "kicked up, rockin', in your face" version of the jingle to show the client as well.  I'll be taking care of that tomorrow morning.   Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment