Thursday, September 6, 2012

DAY - 293

Asking is the beginning of receiving. Make sure you don't go to the ocean with a teaspoon. At least take a bucket so the kids won't laugh at you.
Jim Rohn



Heard this quote today and it made me think.  There's something to be said about that.  I remember years back when I "thought" I was ready to be a hit songwriter/artist.   I'd send emails out requesting industry heads to "check out my stuff" ect.. ect.  But you know what I realize today?  If any of those people actually did (check out my stuff) back then, I wouldn't of had much to show for myself.  Sure I had a bunch of songs, but if I had to be honest with myself, I might of only had a handful that were truly good.   I'm learning more and more that it takes time and patience to develop a catalog of strong material.  And that's NOT even to say I've done it!  I don't think I'll ever be done developing it.   Just some thoughts. Anyway...

 BIG DAY.  Officially scheduled my first one-on-one meeting with a killer Nashville publishing company...and...booked a writing session with hit songwriter, Jane Bach!! (Reba McEntire, Jo Dee Messina, etc.)   Here's the story...

Last night, my fiance Susan and I locked in the dates and booked the flights for our next Nashville trip. This morning I got to school early and sent emails to publishers, Natalie Harker and Shane Barrett with my trip details.  Natalie (creative director of Cal IV Entertainment) got back to me, letting me know that she'd like to meet while I'm in town and to bring a CD of at least 15 songs.  Done and done... of course I'll meet with you!!  Natalie is creative director for one of the hottest Nashville publishers right now.  She's a super-talented publisher and I really feel as though she and her company have a finger on the pulse of today's country market. Needless to say, I'm pumped!

Later on, I got an email from Shane Barrett booking a writing session for me with hit writer Jane Bach. Shane is another super-talented and successful publisher/song-plugger with a killer ear for current country hits.  I'm so excited and grateful that he set me up to write with an incredibly talented songwriter such as Jane.  I'm gonna bring my A-game to the session and hope we knock it out of the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment