Monday, October 1, 2012

DAY - 310

Today I reached out to Barbara Sedun at EMI Music Publishing Canada regarding pitching a song to Avril Lavigne.  (The latest song I wrote with Scot Sax)  Barbara Sedun is the Senior Vice President of EMI Music Publishing Canada.   She's been in the music publishing biz for a while and is a key player in Canada, working hand in hand with artists and songwriters who cross over into the states as well.

Knowing that Avril Lavigne was originally a Canadian artist,  I figured I'd reach out to Barbara on the off chance that she might have worked with Avril or someone from Avril's camp in the past and might have a first degree connection.   I sent Barbara an mp3 of the song and the lyric sheet to see if she agrees that it would be a GREAT pitch for Miss Lavigne.  Hoping she digs it.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment