Wednesday, September 19, 2012

DAY - 302

Today I spent all morning working on a song that J Fred Knobloch and I started a little while back.  We never actually ended up finishing it, but I always had an affinity towards the idea and the song in general so I thought I'd take a stab at finishing it.  After re-working a bunch of sections and writing a bridge,  I'm really happy with the outcome!  It's super-tight, really catchy and still... a GREAT idea.  There's probably a few little tweaks here and there that need to made, but I sent it to Fred to see what he thinks and to see if we wants to do a demo.

I reached out to Clay Myers at Big Tractor Music Publishing in Nashville.  Same deal as I've been doing... quick introduction, followed by my spiel about pursuing a career as a writer, yahda, yahda, etc, etc, don't want to bore you with the details.  Anyway, looking forward to potentially hearing back from Clay.  He's an industry veteran and Big Tractor is a killer independent publisher with a great track record of hits.

Alright, I'm off to class.  Have a great rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment