Wednesday, September 5, 2012

DAY - 292

"Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
Chinese Proverb 



Power-packed morning.  After taking care of some unsettled issues/paperwork (headache) for the Fall semester of my graduate program, I got right down to business.

I sent an email to Michael Martin. (ASCAP director and owner of Extreme Writers Group)  I just found out through my good friend and co-writer, Eric Schwank, that Michael is involved with a really cool writing team/publishing company called Extreme Writer's Group.  www.extremewritersgroup.com.  I reached out to Michael to update him on some of the cool stuff that's been going on and to ask if he'd be interested in setting me up with some co-writes with writers from his team.  Michael's team is stacked with incredible writer's like Mike Reid, "I Can't Make You Love Me", Clint Lagerberg, "Rascal Flatts", "Lady A" ect, etc.   At the least, I'm really interested in staying on Michael's radar.

I sent an email to song-plugger/publisher, Shane Barrett.   Shane has had so much success pitching songs to artists for example, "Crazy Girl" to the Eli Young Band.  I wrote Shane today, giving him an update and also letting him know I'm coming to Nashville in October and would love to take his offer to write with members of his team.  He got back to me immediately with a couple writer's who would like to work with me!  One being a successful hit writer and another being an up and coming country singer with tons of promise.  More on that as it comes!

I sent an email to Ryan Beuschel at ASCAP today and sent him the song I wrote with Scot Sax.  Just wanted to touch base, get his thoughts and stay on the radar.

That's it for now.  I'm off to the studio to do some minor tweaks to the worktape from yesterday.  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment