Thursday, September 27, 2012

DAY - 307+308

My apologies for the delay.  Here's what been happening yesterday (Wed. Sept. 26th) and today.

Woke up bright an early at 6am again on Wednesday to record another, more rockin', in your face version of the jingle for Toyota Universe. (refer Day 306)  Knocked that out and sent it over at about 10am.   They love the new version as well and will be showing both to the client.  After sending over the new jingle I had a bit of time to do some legwork.  I found out that Trace Adkins is looking for songs for a new record.  Trace Adkins is signed to ShowDog Universal.  If you've been following along you'll know that Cliff Audretch III is head of A&R at ShowDog so I decided to send a song to Cliff.

Ohh...btw... speaking of the song!  I finally posted it to my catalog yesterday for your listening pleasure!  Please take a listen to "Saying Yes" written with Canadian singer-songwriter, Kirk Penney.  If you haven't guessed already, that's the one I pitched to Trace Adkins.

After an early morning (8:30am) class I came straight to the library to do some work.  I have some time to kill before going to producer, Chris Zurzolo's studio in Manayunk, PA.  Today I'm going to be recording vocals and doing a bit more filming with Chris and Paul Simeone. (refer day 304) While I have some time to kill, I reached out to Carie Long, also A&R at ShowDog.  I figured it couldn't hurt to send the song to both Cliff and Carie.  I'm really hoping they dig it.  I think Trace Adkins would really nail the tongue & cheek nature of the lyric.  Here's hoping.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment