Wednesday, April 25, 2012

DAY - 206

Just talked to J Fred Knobloch and he told me some cool news!  Here's the story...

Fred goes way back with the former VP of Music Strategy at CMT, Jay Frank.  He let me know that Jay Frank has since left CMT and has started his own label, its called DigSin. DigSin is a label that bases its marketing strategy on breaking artists through social media versus purely radio.  Side note: Its a small world because I actually sat in one of Jay Frank's workshops that he presented at the Taxi convention in LA about 2 years ago. AND...its even a smaller world because I just checked out the website and found out that my good friend's band Bronze Radio Return actually just signed with DigSin!  Crazy how big, yet how small the music industry really is. Check it out  www.digsin.com

ANYWAY, Fred happens to be sitting with Jay Frank right NOW (as I write this) at a convention in Nashville and he asked me if he could play Jay some of our stuff!!  Without question, I text Fred back immediately and said hell yeah!  He said, he wants to show him some Sweet Angeline stuff as well as "Heart On A String". (the song Fred and I wrote)  Completely stoked about this!!  I sent Fred some final versions of songs, "Bass Drum", "Boots" etc... (just in case he didn't have them) to play for Jay.  Its cool because I am inadvertently networking with Jay... without even speaking to him.  Love it when that happens.  Keeping my fingers crossed he takes an interest!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment