Thursday, April 19, 2012

DAY - 202

Today I reached out to Country star Luke Bryan's management and pitched Skinny Dippin'.  Since its coming straight from me and not from a publisher it may be considered "unsolicited" and therefore dragged and dropped right into the trash....BUT...since I did some legwork to get the contact, I figured I'd give it the good ol' college try.  Who knows...I may get lucky one of these days :)

I didn't want to stop there so I also read through some listings on Taxi.com and came across one I thought was pretty interesting... I submitted "A Higher Placehttp://mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com/track/a-higher-place

Here's what the listing said:
HEARTFELT, PASSIONATE ROCK SONGS a la Foo Fighters, U2, Bruce Springsteen, etc., needed by a busy LA Producer recording a young war Veteran looking for songs that capture that experience, along with situations of "Carrying on" and "Moving on with your dreams." This can be a great listing for the right songwriter! The style of your demo is NOT as important as the emotional impact of the material, both lyrically and melodically. TAXI TIP: Songs with GUTS that can translate to radio will work best! This artist does write his own material, but is open to EXCEPTIONAL, DYNAMIC songs. They'll be looking for songs that can break through to radio, so please send your best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment