Wednesday, April 11, 2012

DAY - 196

Running around like crazy today.  Just got a second to breath so here I am at the Starbuck's on Broad street.  (I know I said I was trying to cut down on coffee... baby steps)  Kicked off the morning with a writing session with Grammy winning songwriter Scot Sax.  This is the first time Scot and I got together to write. I have to say, for a first session, it was great to say the least!  We vibed out for a while watching a vintage Stones DVD filmed at a concert in Texas back in '78, showed each other some new projects/songs we've been working on and then dug right in.  The most notable thing I remember about collaborating with Scot is that... he is FAST!  I don't think I've ever written with someone who spits out great melody, chords and lyrics as quick as Scot.  I brought a cool new idea to the session and we just ran with it. (actually, I should say Scot ran, I trailed behind like a fat kid out of breath) :)  I'm super pumped about the concept and where the tune is going.  We'll be getting together next week to finish up!  If you haven't heard Scot Sax you can check out his multiple projects here... www.scotsax.com be sure to check out his band's Wanderlust and Queen Electric...great music, great songwriting!

Today I sent an email to Carie Long who is also Director of A&R and Show Dog Universal Music (refer to yesterday)  I also sent her Skinny Dippin' and let her know I'm hearing it for Joe Nichols who's a Show Dog artist.  We'll see if she bites.  

No comments:

Post a Comment