Tuesday, April 3, 2012

DAY - 189

Apologies for the delay...This blog covers yesterday's (4/2/12) events: 

Today was a little hectic to say the least. Unfortunately, not as much time spent on networking as I had hoped.  After classes, from 9am-4:30pm (with no break today) I had to head straight to teaching.  I had a little window of opportunity to sit and get some emails done...

 I scheduled a skype session with J Fred Knobloch on Friday to go over details on demoing our latest song and also to go over the song he wants us to sing for his demo.  Scot Sax and I ran into a little scheduling snag so we're re-working the session.  And last but not least, I started researching and going over details for my next Nashville trip in June!  I'm highly considering joining NSAI.  Check it out http://www.nashvillesongwriters.com/   NSAI is a highly respected songwriting organization in Nashville that strives to provide opportunities for songwriters. (both Signed and Indie writers)  They hold workshops and pitch sessions with major industry reps, host meet and greets, and put on showcases...and that's only a small fraction of the opportunities they present.  I haven't been living in Nashville yet so I haven't felt a strong pull to join, but lately, everyone I talked to has been raving about the organization.   I'm looking into what they have going on in June and if it's something worthwhile, I'm definitely going to join.  More to come on that.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment