Thursday, April 12, 2012

DAY - 197

Today I re-joined Taxi.  Taxi coins itself as being the world's leading independent A&R company.  Basically, its a site  that posts listings for Labels looking for artists, Publishers looking for songs/songwriters and TV & Film licensing firms looking for songs. (much like MusicXRay but the listings are a lot more legit) Once a year, Taxi holds a HUGE music convention in LA that is free for members. (This is where I met Jason Blume,  Dave Trotter, Cliff Audretch III and others that I've blogged about in the past 6 months) How Taxi differs from other sites like music x ray and also the reason that it is very respected by music industry professionals is because they have a screening process.  What's that you might ask?  Well, when you submit listing, there's a music pro working for Taxi that screens every song submitted and only forwards the best of the best to the actual Label, Publisher, etc... looking for songs.  Understandably, its sucks to find out your song isn't being forwarded.  However,  I respect the process because it does indeed assure major opportunities from legit, major companies...for example, my song "Caroline" was forwarded to VP of A&R at EMI Music Publishing last year through Taxi.  It might not be for everybody, but my experience has been great... especially with meeting people and networking at the convention.

Anyway, I took about a year off and just re-joined today...mainly because I found out that even professional, published songwriters are using the site as an extra tool to get placements!  This means the competition is stiff, but overall I think its worth it.  We shall see.  My account takes 24hrs to reboot but as soon as it does and I submit to a listing I'll post it on here so you can see what they look like.  Also, feel free to check out www.taxi.com and read all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment