Monday, April 16, 2012

DAY - 199


Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Hannah Moore



Another hectic week ahead.  Can't wait for the semester to let out for Summer!  These next 2 weeks are going to be a whirlwind of exams, performances, gigs, recording, teaching and writing sessions.  I don't know how exactly I'll fit it all in, but it always seems to work out somehow.   Sometimes it truly is hard to keep your eye on the prize when SO many other things start coming into play.

Making use of my recent return to Taxi.com, today I uploaded a bunch of new demos, cleaned up my homepage, scoured the listings and found some really cool stuff!  You can check out my page at Taxi.com here  www.taxi.com/mynameisaugust  I ended up submitting to a listing I thought had some nice potential. I submitted "Skinny Dippin'" http://mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com/track/skinny-dippin Here's what it says...

CONTEMPORARY COUNTRY SONGS a la Brad Paisley to Keith Urban, etc., needed by the Director of A&R at a Major Nashville Label for a newly signed male artist. QUOTING THE COMPANY: "This artist isn't your average lyricist, so please keep this in mind! Think, left-of-center to slightly tongue in cheek lyrics, that aren't too over the top but are still commercially viable." Despite the "left-of-center" lyrical mention, NO PROFANITY and NOTHING TOO CRUDE! MEMORABLE hooks, COMPELLING lyric stories and a unique twist on familiar ideas. Conversational lyrics will certainly rise to the top - make sure a youthful edge is present. Mid to uptempo material will be preferable, but all tempos will be considered at this point. MALE vocals ONLY. Vocal and instrumental demo presentation MUST be top-notch!


No comments:

Post a Comment