Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DAY - 200

200 days down, 165 to go....

Day 200 started off early with a recording/rehearsal session with 'Sweet Angeline'. We have a gig this Saturday, performing at the Big Brother's Big Sister's event,  "Bowl For Kid's Sake"!  If you're in the area feel free to come hang out for the show!  This Sat. April 21st @ 7pm Brewsters Pub, Laurel Lanes, Rt. 73, Mount Laurel , NJ.

After rehearsing,  I emailed Anna Maki at ASCAP Nashville to book a writing room for Wednesday, June 13th.  (That's when I will be getting together with EMI Songwriter Heather Longstaffe)  I've never booked a writing room at ASCAP but apparently they're available for out-of-town writers so I'm psyched to check it out!

Later today,  I emailed Jody Friedman from HD Music Now because I found out that The Band Perry is looking for songs to record for their forthcoming album.  A couple months ago, I remember Jody mentioned that he wanted to pitch them "Cupcakes & Wine". http://mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com/track/cupcakes-wine  Though I don't think The Band Perry would be my first pitch idea for Cupcakes I figured it would be a good idea to contact Jody about it.  Any song pitch to a major artist is better than no pitch at all...you never know what the artist is going to decide / what direction they want to go in.  So we shall see.  I also reached out to Jody to touch base about his contacts at Disney regarding, "Heart On A String".


No comments:

Post a Comment