Tuesday, October 30, 2012

DAY - 331

Hope you made it through the storm with minimal or no damage.  To tell you the truth, we didn't even loose electricity...thank God.  Apparently some areas are out til Monday!  On account of EVERYTHING being cancelled and/or shut down due to "Sandy", I had a bunch of free time today to do some legwork.  Free time, what a concept!  Haven't had that in so long I forgot what it feels like...it's a beautiful thing.

As I was saying... I had a chance to do some research today and found contact info for Brooke Arrington.  Brooke happens to be the Creative Director at one of the most successful music publishers in not only Nashville but the US.  Big Yellow Dog Music.  I know I had mentioned them once or twice throughout the blog, but I wasn't able to find direct contact info/name until today.  I emailed Brooke with the intention of getting a chance to write with someone on the Big Yellow Dog team.  I sent her some info and links to my stuff.  We'll see if I get a bite.

Also, I was going through the newest "Pop" listings on Taxi.com and found one that "Bass Drum" fits the bill perfectly.  We'll see if they think so as well.  Here's what the listing said...


SUCCESSFUL MUSIC PUBLISHER needs POP SONGS for SUPER HOT FEMALE ARTIST working with a GRAMMY-WINNING PRODUCER. The Artist is heading into the studio very soon and needs a HIT SONG to record ASAP!
 QUOTING THE SOURCE: "We're looking for HARD and SEXY songs a la Pussy Cat Dolls, 'Single Ladies' by Beyoncé, 'S&M' by Rihanna..."
 Songs should be UPTEMPO with an UPBEAT, CONFIDENT and SEXY vibe.  PLAYFUL, LIVELY and ENERGETIC songs will work best here. FEMALE vocals only. Harmonies are a plus, but not essential. Your song MUST have a great CHORUS to be a true hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment