Friday, October 19, 2012

DAY - 323 + 324

Man...what a great couple of days!  Let's see, where did I leave off...oh yeah... meeting at Cal IV music publishing!! Ok, so yesterday I met with Cal IV creative director, Natalie Harker.  The meeting went fantastic!  The only way it could have gone better was if they signed me right on the spot.   We started by chatting for awhile about my goals as a songwriter/artist, basically gave her my life story, swapped stories about how we got into music, I played a song live and then we chatted some more about Cal IV.  Overall, the meeting lasted over an hour!  I can honestly say that Cal IV had a GREAT vibe.  The place was super laid back, and had an undeniably cozy, homey and creative atmosphere in which everyone seemed to not only be working, but truly LOVING what they do....songwriters and industry folks alike.  It was like looking in on an awesome party and wanting to be invited :)   It was apparent in the hour plus meeting that Natalie is really talented at what she does and needless to say, I will be staying in touch to see where it goes!  Fingers crossed...I like parties.

After the meeting I had a fantastic writing session with the young, and very talented Megan Redmond.  Megan is a 16 year-old singing/songwriting sensation and people in town are talking.   The writing session was organized by music publisher/song-plugger, Shane Barrett.  Shane thought it'd be a good collaboration and I have to say, he was right.  I can't say enough about our writing session.  We spent about 4 hours and came out with a fully written, kick-ass, pop song that'll have you singing in your sleep.  Can't wait to tie up any loose ends and demo this one!

Woke up bright an early this morning for a writing session with Fred Knobloch.  Kind of a random day, but really fun.  We spent about 2 hours tweaking lines to the song we had finished on Wednesday, then hopped in the car and met up with Fred's friend, hit songwriter, Thom Schuyler.  We met Thom at a local church and from there hopped into a food truck, drove to a homeless shelter and handed out gourmet cooked meals to local folks in need.  It was amazing.  It's called the Nashville Food Project and they do it every 3rd Friday of the month.  The people we're so excited and appreciative.

Now I'm chilling out at the local Starbuck's killing time.  My fiance Sue is in flight as we speak and I'm waiting to pick her up at the airport.  From there, we're heading straight over to the famous Bluebird Cafe where hit writer's, Tony Arata, Thom Schuyler and J Fred Knobloch are performing one of their wildly popular "writer's in the round"!   Should be a great night...not to mention, Fred comped us tickets and great seats!  AND... just so happens,  one of my co-writers, Canadian songwriter, Kirk Penney is in town  as well and will be meeting us at the show tonight!  

What an awesome trip so far.  If anything else happens this weekend I'll keep you posted on Monday.  Have a great weekend.  Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment