Thursday, October 11, 2012

DAY - 317 + 318

I'm noticing a trend here... seems as though Wednesday are extra hard to get time in to blog.  I've had to postpone 3 weeks in a row now.  My apologies.  No slacking on the networking front though!   Here's what's been going on...

DAY - 317
Today I came up with a cool idea (at least I think it's cool) If you've been following, you'll remember that we (Sweet Angeline and Jason Blume) were working on lyric edits for "20/20" to potentially give it a younger, fresher vibe, that will in turn give us more pitching options.  Well, not only did we have demo singer, Paul Scott re-sing this new version, but I also sang another version to give it a younger, popp-ier vibe.  My idea came to me yesterday when I realized that Lady Antebellum is looking for songs for a new record.  I thought, "man...20/20 would be a SMASH for them!"  So... I asked Sweet Angeline co-writer, Liv Devine if she wanted to sing some female background harmonies to make the pitch to Lady A even a stronger sell! Since Lady A is a guy/girl vocal group I figured this might give it a nice edge.  Long story short,  J Fred Knobloch happens to know Paul Worley, Lady A's producer, and I called Fred to ask for an assist with the pitch.  Needless to say,  Fred being the amazing man that he is, agreed to help make the pitch.  So there you have it.  Recording Liv's vocals on Tuesday and making the pitch to Lady A next week (hopefully while I'm in town!) Let's keep the fingers crossed it happens!

DAY - 318 
Today I sent an email out to hit songwriter and publisher, Derek George from Wide Open Music Group.  I had contacted Derek earlier in the blog, but never had his personal email address.  Yesterday, while I was doing some research I stumbled across his actual email address and decided to send an email over today.   Crazy how small Nashville actually is...after sending the email out around 11am I had a phone call with J Fred and it turns out J Fred Knobloch works with Derek on the regular!

Speaking of J Fred Knobloch....did anyone catch the series premier of "Nashville"??  If you were paying close attention to the Bluebird Cafe scene...that was actually J Fred playing!!  Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment