Thursday, October 4, 2012

DAY - 312 + 313

busywork:-(n) bus·y·work ; bize-wûrk': Activity, such as schoolwork or office work, meant to take up time but not necessarily yield productive results.

....that defines the majority of my day yesterday... apologies for the delay on this post...

DAY - 313
Today was yet another crazy busy day!  Got together in the A.M. with Sweet Angeline co-writer, Liv Devine and Nashville hit songwriter, J Fred Knobloch via Skype.  We had another great session.  Whittling away at the new song idea we started last week.  It's a beautiful country ballad with some very cool and different chord and melody choices.  Looking forward to finishing this one and making it truly special.

Yesterday, I also heard back from Allie at Manic Monkee Music. (refer to day 296)  She said she LOVED "Start of Something Good" and is keeping it on file for future use.  Nice!!  I wrote back and sent her a link to my catalog letting her know that if she's interested she can take a listen to more.    Hopefully this turns into a placement for TV/Film!

DAY - 314
After finishing up an 8:30am class I shot over to producer, Chris Zurzolo's studio today.  From there we drove over to his partner Paul Simeone's studio to do some more filming for the documentary.   I'll tell you what...it's a blast!  I always knew Chris was a fantastic audio engineer and producer but Chris and Paul do some unbelievable work when it comes to video production.  The look, feel and flow of this documentary style piece is really coming together and it's amazing.  Can't wait for you to see it!

Today I reached out to songwriter and A&R rep for Roots Three Music Publishing, Denny Carr.  I stumbled across Denny after doing some more research on Nashville publishing companies.  Roots Three is actually a subsidiary of the larger Ole Publishing.  I sent Denny an email introducing myself and giving him a link to my catalog.  We'll see if he digs.


No comments:

Post a Comment