Thursday, November 1, 2012

DAY - 332+333

Happy November!  Songs are piling up.  Been spending time grouping songs and trying to figure out demo plans for each of them. Contacting demo studios, searching out new producers, scheduling dates, etc.  It's getting a little hectic so I spent some time yesterday beginning to map it all out.  Here's a glimpse of what's happening on the new song front.  I've got 5 new ones with long-time co-writer Eric Schwank...3-4 of which, Eric will be demoing in Nashville later this month.  Also, got a couple new ones with hit songwriter J Fred Knobloch and the Sweet Angeline team.  Just scheduled a skype session with Nashville artist/songwriter Megan Redmond (I wrote with Megan on my last trip) for next week to put the finishing tweaks on our song and plan for demoing.  The song is super catchy and definitely something we're both pumped about.  It's definitely a Pop song, but since the lines between Pop and Pop/Country are so blurred at this stage of the game we might produce it leaning on the pop country side...closer to Taylor Swift's newer stuff.  I also have 2 demos that are being produced right now.  One pop song with Sweet Angeline and another pop song with Indiana songwriter, Bill Gue and Sweet Angeline co-writer, Liv Devine.  If that isn't enough, I have a couple new My Name Is August singles on the way as well.   All good things!  Can't wait for you to hear some new stuff.

Today I reached out to VP of Sony Music Nashville A&R, Jim Catino.  I kinda got a little ballsy today and emailed Jim a brief message with a song attached.  I sent him the song, Boots with a quick message.  It was definitely a confident, "cold call" email... but.... I think that song would be a smash for Carrie Underwood or Miranda Lambert and they're both on Sony's label.   Chances are the email will go straight in the trash but there's also a chance it won't.  We shall see.

Today I also reached out to hit songwriter, Craig Bickhardt.  small WORLD!  If you've been following along you'll remember that I've been filming a mini-documentary about the blog.  Well, one of the heads of the production team, Paul Simeone has been telling me that I need to contact this great songwriter named Craig Bickhardt from PA.  Just so happens, while I was in Nashville and writing at Fred Knobloch's studio, I stumbled across a promo poster of Fred's old band SKB.  SKB stands for Schuyler, Knobloch, Bickhardt.  I asked Fred, "what's Bickhardt's first name?"  When he said, "His name's Craig" I couldn't believe it.  It IS in deed the same guy!  Turns out Fred and Craig go way back.   To make a long story short, I emailed Craig today to let him know the small worldness of this and to introduce myself.  Hoping it spirals into a co-write!

No comments:

Post a Comment