Monday, October 8, 2012

DAY - 315

Just started teaching lessons for the day,  but I was able to snag some free time in between to get some stuff done.   Today I reached out to Penny Everhard, writer/publisher relations at BMI.  I am an ASCAP writer so why would I reach out to a BMI rep, you ask?  Well, after doing some research I found out that Penny not only used to work for a Nashville publisher called Love Monkey Music, but she also does some independent publishing work.  From the looks of it, besides being a talented publisher and music industry pro, Penny is very immersed and connected in the Nashville scene.  I've also heard she has a great ear for fresh music.  Long story short, I figured it was worth trying to connect.   I sent her an email merely introducing myself and asking if she'd be up for listening to some of my stuff.  We shall see.

At this stage of the game, I'm on day 315, only 50 days to go.  If you haven't noticed already, I've been been focusing strongly on the Nashville scene.  I'm going down next Wednesday so I want to make it as impactful of a trip as possible.   Yes, I've been going full steam for the past 315 days, but I'm gonna find a way to go even harder these last 50 days.  I feel so close I can taste it,  yet seemingly so far away.    If you know ANYONE you think I should reach out to, don't hesitate to email me.  Cheers!

mynameisaugust@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment