Tuesday, October 9, 2012

DAY - 316

What's with this weather!?  Give me some nice, crisp, fall air, with the smell of burning firewood...not this freezing, rainy crap.  Everyone around me is getting sick... friends, students, classmates...loading up    this week on the Emergen-C.  Anyway...

In the spirit of kicking it up a notch (refer to yesterday) I doubled up on contacts today.  I started off the morning by sending an email out to Alex Heddle, creative manager of Tom-Leis Music, a publishing company in Nashville.  I reached out to Alex the same way I've been reaching out to every other creative director...a simple email, introducing myself, explaining my goals and including a link to my stuff.  We'll see if I get a bite on this one.

The second contact was a little more random.  I happened to run into a good friend of the family on Saturday night while I was out grabbing some drinks with my Uncle.  After we got to talking a little bit, catching up and what not, I started telling him about my pursuit in songwriting and plans to move to Nashville.  Well, it just so happens he "knows a guy" (yeah yeah, everyone knows a guy)....but this "guy" happens to be legit.  Stuart Dill is his name and he is the president of Sanctuary Management in Nashville.  Sanctuary manages acts such as Fleetwood Mac, Lonestar, Steve Azar, Velvet Revolver, etc.  Not only is Stuart the President of the Nashville chapter, but he is a long-time industry veteran!  Long story short, Peter (friend of the fam) told me to email him some info and he will forward to Stuart and call to make the introduction!  So needless to say, I sent over an email today.  Let's hope for the best! Fingers crossed there'll be more to come on this.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment