Friday, August 31, 2012

DAY - 290

Happy Labor Day!

As promised here's a Recap for Friday, August 31st...

Today was an incredible day to end an incredible week.   I woke up to an email from co-writer, J Fred Knobloch explaining that he had a meeting with Universal Music Group's Senior Director of A&R, Joe Fisher.  Turns out, Joe not only loved the songs, "Better With You", "Cupcakes & Wine", "Boots" and wants to pitch them to Sugarland, but he also LOVES the sound of my contemp. country side project, "Sweet Angeline".  So much in fact that he asked J Fred if we could come to Universal Nashville and play for the staff!!  I couldn't believe it.  The door to Universal Music group has officially been kicked open!  More to come on this.  J Fred also let me know that he is in the midst of setting up a meeting with Warner Bros music group as well.  Let's keep 'em coming baby.  

About 10:30am, I got to producer, Chris Zurzolo's studio to work on some new tunes.  Things are sounding FANTASTIC!  New "My Name is August" single almost ready to be released.  Stay tuned.

Later that day, I received an email from Nashville publisher and songplugger, Shane Barrett letting me know he listened to "Better With You"  and like it a lot.  Great to hear from Shane because I'm planning my next trip now and I'm going to be contacting Shane to hopefully set me up with a writing session.  

As for today, (Monday, Labor Day) not much I can do in the way of emailing so I've been doing a bunch of research, scanning websites like Taxi and Music xRay looking for leads on artists in need of songs and good TV/Film listings.  

Wishing you rest and relaxation and a happy Labor Day.  Cheers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment