Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DAY - 283

Hit it hard today!  For the past week, I felt like I spent so much time on the creative side of things and not enough time on the business.  So today I spent about 3 hours writing emails.  I reached out to 4 people, 2 industry reps and 2 producers.  Here's who and why...

1) Ryan Beuschel (ASCAP rep):  I sent Ryan the rough work of the song I wrote with Sony Music Publishing songwriter, Heather Longstaffe.  I emailed Ryan to get his feedback and to stay in the loop.

2) Michael Martin (ASCAP Rep & Publisher):  I sent Michael the new demo of "Carousel"... also to get his feedback, see if he had pitch ideas, and to stay in the loop.

3) Mark Wolff Jr: (freelance producer)  Mark is a new contact.  I found him on Music X Ray, then found a contact page for him on another site.  I decided to send an email to introduce myself.  Apparently, he's working on a new record for one of Pussy Cat Dolls who is now going solo.  I sent him to my catalog site and highlighted "Bass Drum" and "Partly Cloudy Mostly Funny" because he was looking for songs with both a Katy Perry and Lily Allen vibe.

4) Rob Chiarelli: (major producer, remixer)  I reached out to Rob and sent him the rough work tape of a Pop song I wrote with the Sweet Angeline team.  I asked Rob for his feedback and let him know that if he digs it and thinks it has hit potential, we'd love to work with him on it.

Alright, now I can get back to writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment