Monday, August 20, 2012

DAY - 281

Fantastic weekend and a great Monday to kick off the week.   Let me catch you up to speed.  Saturday I got together with Canadian songwriter and recording artist, Kirk Penney.  Kirk is a super-talented singer-songwriter that I met during my last trip to Nashville. (refer to day 279)   We hit it off immediately in the studio on Saturday and started writing a great idea that Kirk brought to the session.  Pretty much finished the entire song in a day.  Its a story oriented, country song that would be perfect for someone like Josh Turner.   Can't wait to wrap this one up and get it demoed.  More to come on that!

Today I got together with long time bandmate, friend and co-writer, Eric Schwank.  Eric and I had an amazing session in which we wrapped up a song we already had in the works and wrote over half of a brand new one!   Both songs we're ideas that Eric brought to the table and they are REALLY strong.   We ironed out some super-catchy melodies, solid arrangements and now we're busy making delicate lyrical choices and tweaks.   I'm very confident with these songs and looking forward to the demo stage.  They're both more on the "rocking" side of Country which makes me extra excited because I don't have anything like that in my repertoire yet.   Stay tuned!

Now let's get down to business...

On the networking side of things I heard back from creative director, Daniel Lee (refer to Day 280)  He's said he hasn't had a chance to listen to the CD yet but said he will be doing so this week and to  contact him later in the week to see if he can make a connection.  Keeping my fingers crossed he digs what he hears!   Also, just heard from Leanne Summers from LA Women In Music.  I had emailed Leanne a little while back because I noticed LAWIM had been in connection with Disney Music Supervisor, Cheryl Foliart. Well, Leanne decided to forward my email to a woman named Harriet Schock (one of the board of directors) who happens to be friends with Cheryl and her husband.  Nice!!   One step closer.


No comments:

Post a Comment