Friday, August 17, 2012

DAY - 280

Today I followed up with BMG Chrysalis creative director, Daniel Lee.  (refer to Day 258)  I heard back from Daniel letting me know that he had received my CD and that he would listen as soon as possible.  I haven't heard back in about a month so I figured I'd follow up.  Obviously, I'm sure, listening to my CD isn't his top priority so I thought it couldn't hurt to drop a line and politely remind him who I am. :)

Today I also scoured the Taxi.com listings for this month and found some pretty cool new listings I decided to submit to...  here's one in particular I thought was dead on...

1)  I submitted "Cupcakes & Wine", "Better With U", and "I Kinda Like It"

CONTEMPORARY POP COUNTRY SONGS in the style of The Band Perry, Sugarland, Rascal Flatts, etc., needed by an A&R Exec at a Major Nashville Label for a super popular Pop Country group. QUOTING THE EXEC: "Don't be afraid to pitch organic/more stripped down tunes. We need songs that are fun, energetic, and positive that can appeal to a wide audience." Songs should be CONTEMPORARY, with lyrics that have something to say - They're NOT looking for themes that are too juvenile. Songs MUST have ENGAGING and CATCHY melodies, with lyrics that are VIVID and MEANINGFUL. This is a HUGE artist, so be sure your songs have a SOLID STRUCTURE and stylistically match the artists referenced. UPTEMPOS ONLY, no ballads. MALE or FEMALE vocals OK. Make sure your demo really sells the song's concept and vibe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment