Wednesday, August 1, 2012

DAY - 273

Great writing session today with the Sweet Angeline team.  We finished a brand new dance pop song that's reminiscent of "The Wanted".   We decided to team up with a brand new producer on this one that Tye James has been working with recently.  His name is Jason Cooke and he does fantastic work so we're pumped to see where he takes the track for this song.  It was cool to dig into another dance pop song.   Haven't written anything like this since "Bass Drum" and its a blast.  Definitely a different mentality and a different head space than I've been writing lately and it satisfies my songwriting A.D.D  :)   Can't wait to get this thing produced and finished so I can post!

Speaking of producers...  Long story short,  Sue and I were in Long Island, NY this weekend visiting friends when we got to talking to a random woman at tiki bar on Sunday.  We were just making small talk when the conversation shifted to music and us moving to Nashville.  The woman told me that I should reach out to her friend, Michael Lattanzi who happens to be a very successful pop/rock producer.  So, as you've probably already guessed, I reached out to Michael today.   I let him know that I'm in Nashville every couple of months and that I'd love to chat and possibly get together next time I'm in town.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment