Tuesday, August 28, 2012

DAY - 287

Great day for music! (didn't I say that yesterday?)  Hey, 2 days in a row... I'm on a roll.   Here's the skinny...

Early this morning I reached out to ASCAP Nashville rep, Mike Sistad.  I know my co-writer, J Fred Knobloch deals with Mike so I figured I'd reach out and introduce myself.   I let Mike know that I'm moving to Nash-vegas next summer and I'm interested in meeting as many other writers as possible and performing in as many ASCAP events as I can.

I also reached out to hit songwriter and host of the Bluebird Cafe's open mic night, Barbara Cloyd.  I contacted Barbara merely to say hi, follow up and stay on the radar.  I sent her some new material as well.  Besides being very talented and a great teacher,  Barbara has good connections with publishers in Nashville so it can't hurt to try and stay in her good graces.

Now, what I'm really excited about.... Just got my first listen of the first mix of my latest song with hit writer Scot Sax.   It sounds AWESOME!  I can't express how much I love it.  Philly producer and songwriter, Cliff Hillis absolutely nailed the production!  NYC singer-songwriter, Dana Alexandra killed the vocals!  As for the song...it is a super catchy, gritty rockin,  chick pop anthem, chock full of hooks!   I might be able to post a sample, but I have to wait because if Scot's publisher decides to pick this one up we can't have it available for streaming while in pitch mode.  Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment