Thursday, August 16, 2012

DAY - 278 + 279

Day - 278
Had a writing session with a really cool, young songwriter from PA, named Nathan Muchnick.  We had a cool first session, just fleshed through a couple ideas and got started on something pretty interesting.  We'll see where it goes.  Also, spent some time working on another new song that I'm writing with a another new co-writer from Indiana named Bill Gue.  Bill's a talented songwriter I met at one of Jason Blume's BMI workshops a couple summer's ago.  He had a great idea and we're developing it via email.

As far as networking goes I've been doing more research on connecting with Disney/Pixar for "Heart On A String".   I tried contacting Pixar directly today.  Spoke with someone on the phone who gave me a company contact email.  Honestly, didn't seem promising but worth a try.  Also, spoke with J Fred Knobloch who has a bunch of calls out to Nashville reps shopping the 2 new songs.  Keeping fingers crossed and saying prayers I land the elusive "first-cut".  

Day - 279
This morning I spent some time getting song ideas together for a writing session this Saturday.  I'm getting together with Canadian singer-songwriter, Kirk Penney.  I met Kirk randomly while looking at Condo's on my last Nashville trip.   We've stayed in touch and decided to get a co-writing session together.  Looking forward to digging in!

Throwing more irons into the Disney fire today.  These folks are HARD to connect with!  I'm not giving up though. Today I contacted Disney Music Supervisor, Cheryl Foliart.   Stay tuned :)


No comments:

Post a Comment