Monday, August 27, 2012

DAY - 286

Great day for music.  Got up early and headed to a recording studio in North East Philly to work with the Sweet Angeline team and producer Jason Cook on a new song demo.   I have to say, Jason is killing this production.  The song sounds incredible so far!   It's a mix of fresh, inventive, yet organic, Pop stylings that's reminiscent of Fun, The Wanted and Adele.  Big drums, big vocal hooks and a great vibe overall.   Can't wait to hear the finished product and post for you.   Stay tuned!

Today I reached out to Cal IV Entertainment's Creative Director, Natalie Harker.  I sent basically the same type of email to Natalie as I did when I initially reached to Daniel Lee.  "I'm looking for help with development and interested in writing with one of the very talented writers on your team...etc...ect."

I'm realizing more and more that in a failing music industry, publishing companies these days aren't signing writers left and right like they did in the 90's.  You have to have a track record and potential big money rolling in the pipeline.  Well, how do you get a track record if no one will sign you?  What I'm learning is this.... you have to write with as many established writers as you can!!   Hoping that you'll get one through the door and onto Keith Urban's next record. (substitute Keith for any big name artist)  The minute you have a single,  you can get a meeting with any publisher you want!   Now, don't get me wrong, I know this isn't the ONLY way to do it.  Writing with people you have natural chemistry with is just as important.  But, it's definitely a way I've seen a bunch of new writers get signed.  Might as well give it a try...come at it from every angle.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment