Friday, August 24, 2012

DAY - 285


If you spend your life searching for the road to success, then you will have wasted your life looking for something that isn't there. The road to success has to be built by ones self with a concrete made of knowledge and desire.
Ryan Wilkins


I woke up early and started writing almost immediately (after mowing the small plot of land we refer to as the backyard) and the muse was with me today.  At 11am EST, I started a Skype writing session with Canadian songwriter, Kirk Penney.  Kirk and I dotted our i's crossed our t's, tied up the loose ends and put the finishing touches on the song we started last week. (Hell, we even sprinkled some fairy dust on it)  I'm REALLY happy with how it turned out!  Its a tongue and cheek, story type song, with a fresh contemporary vibe.  Kirk is ahead of the game and already booked the studio time in Nashville to record the demo in September.  Can't wait to get this one done!  

After a great morning/afternoon of writing I checked my email and I had a message from Daniel Lee.  Daniel said he really enjoyed my stuff, I have genuine talent and already a bunch of strong material, BUT, it wasn't necessarily better than what he is already pitching from the writer's signed to his team.  However, even though he didn't feel like he could offer me a deal, he put my name and contact on a list he keeps of very strong up and coming writers in which he distributes to other writers and industry folk.  He also emailed me the list so that I can contact these writer's to potentially set up co-writes.  He also said, when I compile another 3 or 4 songs that I think our incredibly strong...send him another CD!  

Well, it wasn't exactly the response I was going for, but it wasn't half bad either.  Another connection made and a door kept open.  Not to mention a whole list of potentially great co-writers!  I'll take it.  Have a great weekend. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment