Thursday, August 30, 2012

DAY - 289

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got."
(Anonymous)

My Psychology of Teaching professor just dropped this one on a us today and it hit me right between the eyes.  I found it really inspiring and very true when reflecting on my own life.  The only times I truly make progress and find success is when I break out of my shell and out of my routine and try something new.  I can't count how many times it has proven true this past year!  Almost everything I've accomplished during this blogging adventure has come because I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried something different.  This "Anonymous" character must be a pretty smart guy.

Today I had a little idea.  If you've been following, you'll remember that I've been in contact with EMI music publishing Canada rep, Katie O'Halloran.  The new demo I've been talking about (refer to yesterday) is a dead on pitch for Avril Lavigne.  What do EMI Canada and Avril Lavigne have in common?  You might have guessed it...Canada.  Well, long story short, I contacted Katie with the idea of a possible connection to Avril.  I figured it was worth a shot since the music biz in Canada is apparently quite small and close knit. (from what I hear)  We'll see if anything happens.

Also, a bit of cool news...  I heard back from Cal IV Entertainment's creative director, Natalie Harker today!!  (refer to day 286)  I'm super pumped because she was interested in knowing when I'll be back in Nashville.  (Actually planning my trip now for October, more to come on that)  I sent her my catalog so I'm hoping she digs enough to meet or set me up with a writing session with someone on the Cal IV team.  Like always, we shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment