Wednesday, November 28, 2012

DAY - 349+350

And down the line we go...

Yesterday I reached out to another Ole Music Pub rep named, Matt Turner.  Just so happens, Matt Turner is country super-star, Josh Turner's brother!  I decided to reach out to Matt, introduce myself and send him "Saying Yes" (the song Kirk Penney and I wrote with Josh Turner in mind)  Let me just make a point to say that I did not pitch Matt the song by saying "Hey!  This would be great for your bro, Josh!!".   I didn't even mention pitching Josh Turner in the email.  I figured that if he thought it'd be a great song for his brother, I'd let him make that connection.  Sure, it's wishful thinking...but who knows.

Yup...you guessed it, today I reached out to another Ole Music Pub rep...hey, it's a big company!  Debra Delshad is in charge of the Film/TV Licensing department. She also used to work in conjunction with Dreamworks.   I sent Debra "Heart On A String" and "Start of Something Good".  We'll see if she digs.

No comments:

Post a Comment