Monday, November 5, 2012

DAY - 335

I am proud to say this blog post is coming to you straight from my brand new iPad!  If you know me, you'll know I'm never up to date on the latest technology.  I don't have an iPhone or any kind of smart phone for that matter, I still buy CDs and I don't own a GPS.  So as you can imagine when my amazing fiancé Susan surprised me with the iPad for my birthday I was floored!  It is truly an incredible piece of technology and I've only begun to scratch the surface.  As you can tell, I'm still excited.

Anyway, back to business.  Today I heard back from super talented producer Scott Stallone.  I emailed Scott in September, reaching out to possibly work on some projects together. I thought he just never returned my email. Turns out,  I forgot that I had messaged him on the social network LinkedIn.  I usually never check LinkedIn because if I ever get something from it, it usually comes straight to my email.  For whatever reason, it never did.  Scott actually ended up emailing me back  right away and I didn't get it til yesterday lol!  Long story short, he gave me his contact info and said he's inserted in talking about some projects.  Needless to say, I emailed him today.  Hoping to potentially make some great music together!        

Today I did something I don't normally do...I made a phone all.  Ok ok I make phone calls all the time.  What I mean to say is that I made a direct phone call to a music industry rep without sending a email first.  Just decided to go out on a limb and see if I get a response.  I called universal music group creative director Whitney Williams.  She didn't answer but I left a brief message asking if I can send her an email with my stuff.  Will it warrant a response? We shall see!

That's all for today.  Time to get back to teaching, then off to a recording session later tonight with co-writer, Eric Schwank.  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment