Wednesday, November 14, 2012

DAY - 342

Today I reached out to creative manager at Creative Nation Music, Julie Stuckey.  Creative Nation is a Nashville based publishing company that has teamed up with Pulse recording in LA.  From the looks of it, Creative Nation is really interesting to me specifically because they seem to have their hands in both the Country AND the Pop markets.  Why is it interesting to me?  Because I write both country and pop music.  My ideal publishing company would be one that handles both country and pop music!  This is really the first smaller type publishing company I've found so far in Nashville that does both AND has great success in both, boasting songs like Little Big Town's "Pontoon" and Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream".   I'm sure there are other companies that pitch both,  I just haven't stumbled across them yet.  Google it for more info...there's a lot on Music Row Facts.

I found Creative Nation after reading through some of co-writer Jason Blume's past BMI workshops.  *Side note,  if you are a songwriter, living in or around Nashville or make trips to Nashville, I highly suggest checking out Jason Blume's (FREE!!) BMI workshops.  He is not only an amazing songwriter but a gifted and passionate teacher.  His workshops are incredible masterclass style sessions and he often brings in industry reps that will either critique your songs or listen to your song as a pitch!  Can't say enough good things about it*

Anyway, I saw that Julie Stuckey had made a guest appearance at one of these sessions so I decided to try and connect.  Now that I'm learning more about Creative Nation, I'm getting even more pumped about trying to make a connection!

No comments:

Post a Comment