Thursday, November 15, 2012

DAY - 343

My writing session got cancelled today so I decided to take the extra time to do some work in the library here at school. (University of the Arts)  The home stretch of this blog project has been difficult for me in many ways, but most of all, finding NEW contacts.  The past couple weeks, I've literally been spending hours at a time digging up names and contact info for new people I want to try and connect with.  I've been scouring internet sites like Music Row Facts, NSAI, BMI, ASCAP, etc to find names and info on music industry reps that would makes sense for me to reach out to.  It's not an easy task, but it's what I set out to do... so I'm going to stop bitching now and tell you about what I found today... ;)

While checking out the NSAI (Nashville Songwriters Association International) website,  I noticed that this week's guest speaker for the Thursday night pitch session will be industry veteran and owner of Green Hills Music Publishing, Woody Bomar.  I remember co-writer, Fred Knobloch talking to me about Woody Bomar in passing so I think that's why the name stood out to me.  Anyway,  I found some contact info for Mr. Bomar and decided to reach out.  I wrote pretty much the same spiel that seems to be working lately (short introduction, interested in development for long-term career in songwriting, love to meet next time I'm in town...yada yada, you get the point)  Go Fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment