Tuesday, July 3, 2012

DAY - 251+252

Sorry I've been MIA for the past 3 days!  All these amazing weddings leave little time.  Just got back from another weekend wedding adventure in Baltimore.   Sue's cousin got married this weekend and it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Also, happened to be on a farm.  I think if my career in music doesn't take off,  I'm going to hang up the guitar and become a wedding blogger ;)

So let me get you up to speed.  I left off by saying that I was trying to contact country star, Lee Brice to pitch him "20/20".  Well, the next day I talked to co-writer, Liv Devine, and it turns out that she actually opened for Lee last year and had been in contact with his management!  Liv let me know that she'd be contacting his management directly to try and make the pitch.  She already has a foot in the door so its less of a "cold-call".  We shall see what happens!

I also spoke with co-writer, Tyler James yesterday.  It turns out that Tyler has made a cool connection with the guy in charge of choosing the song single for the winner of the hit TV show, The Voice. Long story short, we're going to get together to try and write/demo a song to send to his contact for next season.

And finally, I spoke with "My Name is August" producer, Chris Zurzolo yesterday about a couple new songs that are in the works.  Stay tuned for that!

Alright, now that wedding season is over, its time to kick things into full gear.  I only have 113 days left to secure my goal.   I'll be waking up earlier, digging deeper, writing non-stop and contacting more people than ever before.  Here we go!

*Note:  If you know someone I should contact or have any connections in the music industry, let me know and I will contact them next day.  Cheers and thanks for keeping up!

No comments:

Post a Comment