Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DAY - 258

Tried something new today.  I wrote to Creative Director, Daniel Lee at BMG/Chrysalis Music Publishing this morning but instead of sending the normal 'cold-call' spiel, I tried a new technique.  I told Daniel I'm reaching out because I'm interested in development.  Let me explain,  one of the jobs of a Creative Director besides screening, plugging and pitching songs,  is development of writers.  I figured,  instead of going with the whole, "I'd love to meet sometime because I'm interested in a publishing deal yada yada..."  I'd try asking if he could possibly put and ear to my stuff and if he digs what he hears,   facilitate a co-write with one of his writers.

I like the thought of this idea because it might be a less abrasive, back door, kinda way to get noticed and work with a major publisher (and a good writer for that matter).  Instead of straight up saying, "Sign me!",  I'm merely saying, "Let me prove myself."  Its still a cold-call so we shall see.

Enjoy the day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment