Tuesday, July 24, 2012

DAY - 267

Heard back from Jason Blume this morning...just touching base.  We're gearing up for pitching "20/20" to Rascal Flatts and we may do a couple re-writes before we do.  Re-writes are, most of the time, an inevitable process that songwriter's undertake to make a song as best as it can possibly be.  I've heard stories from writers who have re-written a song 10 times before it got cut or became a hit!  So,  I spoke with Jason and we're going to try to give "20/20" a facelift. :)

Speaking of Jason Blume,  he's holding a workshop/publisher pitch today in Nashville.  The guest publisher is Alex Heddle, creative director of Love Monkey Music.   Since I'm in New Jersey and not able to attend,  this morning I reached out to Alex via email.  I wrote Alex, not pitching a song, but asking for his creative help in development.  Basically, I asked if he could take a listen to some of my top material and if he digs it, set me up with one of his writers for a co-write.  I feel like this approach is a less obtrusive way to get to know someone and for them to get to know me.   We'll see!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment