Tuesday, January 31, 2012

DAY - 145

Last day of January, the sun was shining, reaching highs above 60 degrees here in good ole New Jersey. Yes, in the dead of winter.  Now, don't get me wrong, I loved the weather today.... but what the hell is going on outside?  Better yet, should I be worried?  Not complaining, just saying.... ;)

Nonetheless, great day for rock n' roll!  Up bright and early for a writing session with the 'Sweet Angeline' team (Tyler James & Liv Devine) Very productive...we actually finished one full song and got a good head start on another.   The first song, I mentioned last Tuesday, is the one I think would be a great pitch for Billy Currington.  Now that the first draft is done, its time to get some feedback, analyze, possibly do some re-writes, and finally... demo it.  Yes, its sometimes a long, tedious process from start to finish, but I think if you give it the right amount of TLC, you'll lower your chances of having those "shoulda done this, coulda done that" moments.

Besides being a good writing day, it was also a good day for networking.  I spoke with Jason Blume and just got word that our song "20/20" is being pitched to Blake Shelton!!  Blake Shelton is on top of the world right now, coming off the success of 2 HUGE singles as well as his TV appearances on The Voice. It would be a great success to land a song on his next record, to say the least.  Overall, he's been going more commercial these days so I think its a strong pitch.  Obviously, if he loves it, he loves it... If he doesn't, he doesn't.  It is what it is...   I'm just excited that its on the table. (...and I hope he eats it up!)

Cheers!

PS:  Stayed tuned... I'll be posting brand new song demos tomorrow.... you'll be the first to hear them!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment