Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DAY - 135

Thought I'd try to keep the momentum going and kick the week off strong...

I found out that American Idol winner, Kris Allen, is looking for songs a la John Mayer meets Train.  It hit me that "20/20" would be a great pitch for him especially if he's leaning on the more 'Train' side of the spectrum.  I submitted the track through Music X Ray.  I don't know if it will go directly to Kris Allen's management or just a middle man, so then I contacted Jason Blume and let him know. (He might have a more direct connection)  I'm not sure if Jason will think its as strong of a pitch as I do, but I figured it couldn't hurt to see what he thinks.


In the spirit of keeping the momentum going,  I decided to reach out to Michael Martin at ASCAP today as well.  Michael is both an ASCAP rep and a publisher.  I saw him at ASCAP while I was in Nashville and he remembered who I was from the last trip back in August. I took that as a good sign (although just because he remembered me doesn't mean he liked me) :)  Anyway,  I decided to go with the previous mentality and shoot him an email to try and connect.  If I can win him over and get him psyched about songs I'm writing, he would be an amazing guy to have in my corner.

Alas my break from school is officially over and I will be returning to classes today.  It was a short month to say the least, but super productive.  So, in the eloquent words of Adam Sandler , "Back to school. Back to school, to show my Dad I'm not a fool..."  

2 comments:

  1. Do you have "20/20" available for full stream or sample? Because if Kris' fans hear it and like it? Let's just say we can be a little relentless. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really sure what your asking...Are you a Kris Allen fan or a member of his camp?

      Delete