Thursday, January 5, 2012

DAY - 127

Early bird catches the worm as they say.  I truly do not mean to preach when I tell you... one priceless thing I've learned from doing this blog is this...  When you email or call a new contact, do it first thing in the morning!  Sometimes I forget my own advice or I'm lazy and I wait until later,  but EVERYTIME I send the email first thing in the morning (8 - 9am) I get a response later that day!  

Early this morning (8:30am) I emailed Steve Kline from 10th Street Entertainment. www.10thst.com
 Steve Kline is the VP of marketing and promotion at this top NYC music management firm.  I was introduced to Steve via Linked In by my good friend Laura Brodsky.  I contacted Steve, introduced myself, and told him a little bit about my goals.  Wouldn't you know it...he got right back to me this afternoon and let me know he would be checking out my stuff!  10th Street predominately handles harder rock and metal such as Papa Roach, BuckCherry, Motley Crue..etc... so I let him know that even if my material isn't a good fit for his company, I was wondering if he could steer me in the right direction.
I'll keep you posted!

Also had a great writing session with the 'Sweet Angeline' team, Tyler James and Liv Devine.  Working on some pretty cool ideas.  One in particular, we've decided to bring to J Fred Knobloch. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.  Time to get some dinner... see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment