Friday, January 20, 2012

DAY - 138

First off, I wanted to give a HUGE thank you to the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization of Burlington, Camden Gloucester counties.   They so graciously honored me with their first annual 'Start Something' Award for my work in writing and recording "Start of Something Good" for their new ad campaign.  This is truly my first award as a songwriter and I am so honored to receive it.  Cheers!  (If you haven't heard the full song you can listen here...http://mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com/track/start-of-something-good-single If you also would like to check out the promo video they made using the song you can watch here... http://youtu.be/FBQXJ-1ibjc)

Today is going to a busy day so I got crackin' early this morning.  While doing some research on the net, I stumbled across a management company that handles representation of music producers, engineers and songwriters. They're called 'Air Management'.  I wrote to them, introducing myself and letting them know my goals as a writer.  I added some links to my music and basically just said, "if you think we might benefit from working together, I would love to speak further in detail..."    We'll see if anything comes from it!

TGIF!   OHH YEAH wait... before I forget...if you're near the Philly area tomorrow night...

My band 'My Name is August' will be playing World Cafe Live (Mainstage)  www.worldcafelive.com tomorrow night (Saturday, Jan. 21st) in support of the 3rd annual T.A.B. concert (Tinnitus Awareness Benefit)  Its going to be an incredible night of performances and professional video trailers!!!  Doors open at 7pm...we'll be playing around 10pm.  Don't miss it!!  Its going to be a blast! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment