Friday, January 13, 2012

DAY 131+132

My apologies for the delay over the past 2 days.  Call me cheap, but I refuse to pay $15 extra a night for Wi-Fi at the hotel.  So its back to good ole Starbucks. :)  Anyway the past 2 days have been great!  This blog will cover both Wednesday, DAY - 131 and Thursday, DAY - 132. 


DAY - 131


Whirlwind of a day!   Started off by going to lunch with Nashville songwriter Jason Blume.  It was a great to chance to follow up and talk about potential future writing projects.  We ate at 'Sylvan Park Restaurant' (the same tiny hole-in-the-wall joint as last time) Still as charming as ever, serving traditional country dishes by sweet little waitresses that look like grandma.

From there it was off to ASCAP Nashville.  (This is where a little magic happened)  Just so happens, possibly because of chance of snow, that no one showed up to song pitch session except for me and Sue.  So we literally had an hour, one-on-one meeting with top Nashville publisher Shane Barrett!!  I got to play him 3 songs (20/20, Cupcakes & Wine, All I Need Is A Memory) and we chatted about my goals and aspirations as a songwriter/artist.  He really dug everything I showed him, gave me his card and said 'let's keep in touch I look forward to hearing more from you'!  This was a HUGE day.  I will be following up to say the least :)  If you haven't heard '20/20' or 'Cupcakes & Wine' you can listen here www.sweetangelinemusic.com






From ASCAP, it was off to the famous Bluebird Cafe where ASCAP was hosting an emerging songwriter's night.  I didn't get to play this one, but I met a couple very talented writers and some high-ups at ASCAP.  I handed out some CDs...



Then it was off for a great dinner!  We ended up at a fantastic restaurant called 'Sambuca'  in the Gulch section of the city.  The food was amazing!  Perfect way to end a killer productive day.

DAY - 132


Woke up 9am and it was off to check out some Real Estate.  Our wonderful Real Estate agent, Nick, picked us up from the Hotel (in his white Mercedes) and basically drove us around ALL of Nashville looking at properties and locations.  If I said it before I'll say it again, Nashville is beautiful!  If you haven't been...GO!  Long story short, we're in love with the East Nashville and Germantown areas of the city.  Super-cool locations with great restaurants/bars and not to mention all the brand new real estate.


From there it was off to record with J Fred Knobloch.  Fred and I spent all night recording 2 songs that we wrote.  The demos are coming together nicely.  We talked about doing a couple different versions of the one song so we can have more options when pitching to artists.   Heading back there on Saturday to finish up!  Can't for you to hear.  

Alright, time to get crackin' on today.  More to come soon. Cheers!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment