Tuesday, January 24, 2012

DAY - 140

Loooonnnnnngggggg day....phew!   Its almost 11pm EST and I'm just sitting down to write.  I've been going strong since 9am, so I guess that means its been a 14 hour day.  Can anyone say caffeine?   Yeah, maybe a little too much.  Anyway, enough rambling...

Today I met my 'Sweet Angeline' www.sweetangelinemusic.com co-writers at 9am for a writing session. Let me just say, its not everyday the muse makes an appearance, but she was definitely in the room this morning!  We landed on a killer new song idea that pretty much wrote itself.  Super catchy, sing-a-long, summer fun kinda tune.  We hope to finish it up soon and then talk about demoing. (keeping my fingers crossed, but I think it'd be a great pitch for Billy Currington)

From there,  it was off to school, then teaching....finally, back home.  In the midst of the busy day, I had a chance to email a good friend of my family, Dana Parish.  If you've been following the blog, I talked about Dana a while back. (too lazy to search for the exact day right now) Dana is an amazing songwriter and performer from NYC.  She's been having so much success lately with her songwriting that its been inspiring and driving me to step it up even more!   I emailed her tonight just to say hi and congrats on everything and send her some of my new songs.  Also, let her know that if she's planning on coming to Philly anytime soon we should do a show together.  If you haven't checked her out yet...do it!  Just google Dana Parish.  

Alright... I'm about to fall asleep on my laptop, time to hit it.  Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment