Thursday, January 19, 2012

DAY - 137

Today I emailed Joe Rangel from EMI Music Publishing.  EMI is a major music publisher and Joe Rangel is the creative department.  I emailed Joe today to try and make a connection over at EMI.  It was 'cold call' email so its a long shot that he'll email me back but in the spirit of this blog I figured it was worth a try...

I also got a semi discouraging email back from Big Yellow Dog Publishing (refer to yesterday)  I understand that most publishers do not accept unsolicited but I figured since they were indie it might be cool... however, this is what I got back...



Dear Michael,

Thank you for your interest in Big Yellow Dog! Unfortunately, we are unable to accept unsolicited material and normally only take material or schedule meetings when the writer is recommended by a Writer Representative at ASCAP, BMI or SESAC.  We recommend referring to Nashville Songwriters Association International for more information.  NSAI can be a great resource for songwriters, so check out their website, www.nashvillesongwriters.com.

Thank you,

Jordan



No comments:

Post a Comment