Thursday, December 22, 2011

DAY - 118

Today I emailed/followed up with Jody Friedman from 'HD Music Now publishing'.  I spoke with Jody about a month or 2 ago because he was interested in signing an exclusive deal for "Cupcakes & Wine".  Since Tyler, Liv and I decided to have Nashville hit songwriter J Fred Knobloch help us pitch the song I didn't end up going with Jody's single-song publishing agreement.  I do, however, want to stay in touch because I have other songs I may to work with him on placing.  So today I followed up and sent over a couple songs, "Easy to Love" and "Remember the Summer Nights" to see if he may be able to use either in any present or future projects.

I also started looking into NSAI (Nashville Songwriters Association International). www.nashvillesongwriters.com  I've heard from Jason Blume and a couple other writers that I should DEFINITELY get involved with this company because they offer a great deal of opportunities and benefits to songwriters.  Since I'm a college student the membership fee for the year is only $100!  I started reviewing the site and I think I'm going to join early in the new year.  Stay tuned!  

No comments:

Post a Comment