Wednesday, December 14, 2011

DAY - 112

Great day for music!  Started off bright and early... out of bed at 6am to warm up for my 9am final performance of the semester at University of the Arts. (refer to yesterday)  Felt great about it.  Nice way to close the semester. Finished everything up around 9:30am and from there it was right back home for an 11am skype writing session with nashville hit songwriter, J Fred Knobloch.  Killer day!  Fred and I started digging in on a new idea.  I'm really excited about where its going.  Its a bouncy, light-hearted, love song in the vein of Michael Buble's "Haven't Met You Yet".  Can't wait to finish!

Later today I got some fantastic news!  I heard back from the last MusicXRay listing I submitted to. (refer to DAY - 110)  I got an email from Jim Hughes at WAP Publishing and they offered me a non-exclusive contract.  WAP publishing is a London based publishing house that pitches/places songs with film and tv advertising and they want to include my stuff in their catalog.  This is not an actual "Publishing Deal" but definitely a cool way to potentially get my songs placed with major ad companies. Nonetheless, another iron in the fire...Cheers!  Here's what he said...


Hey Michael,

Thanks for submitting your music to me at MusicXray. I checked out both of your websites and you have some really good stuff there. We would love to have you on our artist roster and have your music available to the clients we work with including Chevy, Coke, Pepsi, Unilever, Microsoft, Campbell's Soup and many more. Our catalog is also used by over 30,000 filmmakers worldwide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment