Friday, December 9, 2011

DAY - 109

I heard back from Ryan Beuschel at ASCAP today. (Refer to day 106)  He had an interesting critique about my song, "Half the Girl".  He said, I change the main pronoun of the story too much from 'You' to 'She'.  Now, this is something I did because I liked how it sounded poetically...however, for song pitching,  it is very true.  You need to keep the pronouns constant. Definitely food for thought.

 Today was a super busy day so the only thing I was able to accomplish was a quick submission to a MusicXray listing.  I submitted my song "Caroline".  Here's what the listing said...

Epic Records A&R rep Jake Livingston is looking for song starts, tracks, hooks, lyrics, full songs, anything... looking for songs to place on other artists records, must have memorable chorus, familiar production with a twist, looking for fresh hit songs!!! Country, urban, dance, pop, rock, electro, guitar driven rock songs, piano driven ballads, uptempo preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment