Tuesday, December 13, 2011

DAY - 111

I don't know if I ever mentioned this on the blog, but I'm currently pursuing my Master's degree in music at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia.  Between school, teaching, writing, performing and now networking everyday, the past 4 months have been INSANE to say the least!  Tomorrow I will be performing my Jury (yearly graded performance) at school at 9am, then I'm off for a month!  Can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to the break.  I intend to the hit the writing and networking extra hard over break and try to make some solid headway...and it starts tomorrow!

Just got off the phone with hit Nashville songwriter J Fred Knobloch.  We scheduled a skype writing session tomorrow right after my Jury is over.  That's right, no celebrating, no end of semester partying for me, I've got some writing to do!  :)

I also did some research on other Nashville recording studios and got in touch with a studio owned by famous session drummer, Lonnie Wilson. (Lonnie has played on countless hits from Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, just to name a few)  Lonnie offers GREAT rates and amazing recording quality, and not to mention, he plays on the tracks!  J Fred happens to have an 'in' at the studio so it looks like I'm going to be doing some future recordings there.  Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment